Properly caring for your skin can help it stay healthy and supple for years to come. Even if you don’t have a lot of time to devote to skin care, there are still plenty of ways that you can help it looks its best while at the same time protecting it from harm. The following skin care tips and tricks will have you well on your way toward enjoying healthy, glowing skin far into the future:
1. Protect it from the sun. The number one cause of skin damage is sun exposure. While spending time in the sun without sunscreen is important for the formation of vitamin D, the overall amount of direct, unprotected sun exposure that your skin receives should be limited to about 15 minutes per day. After that, you should always apply sunscreen to your skin if it will be exposed to the sun. Not only can this help prevent premature aging, but it can also minimize your risk of developing skin cancer.
2. Avoid smoking. Smoking decreases the amount of blood flowing to your skin. Over time, this can lead to premature wrinkling and poor skin health. If you don’t smoke, avoid starting. If you already do smoke, try to find a way to quit. The sooner you do, the less of an impact it will have on your skin.
3. Always remove your makeup before bed. As tempting as it may be to fall into bed without taking off your makeup after a long, hard day, try always to take the time to wash your face before bed. This will open up the pores so skinception that they can breathe during the night, allowing your skin to restore itself back to a healthy state.
4. Always use a moisturizer. Providing your skin with essential moisture can help keep it supple and strong. Even if you have oily skin, a moisturizer that is specifically designed for your skin type can help.
5. Try dry brushing. Gently brushing your skin with a soft, dry brush several times a week can remove dead skin cells while at the same time improving circulation to your skin. After a few weeks of brushing, you should notice a significant improvement in the tone and texture of your skin.
These simple skin care tips and tricks should help you look your best. Regardless of how young or old you are, it is never too early or too late to start properly caring for your skin.